It is the mission of the Economic Development Committee to promote and improve the economic quality of life for the citizens of Pittsfield. In order to achieve this we work toward:1. Improving the size and diversity of the tax base
2. Preserving and revitalizing the Downtown
3. Providing guidance to the Board of Selectmen and Planning Board on matters of economic impact
4. Assisting existing legitimate businesses
5. Recruiting new businesses
6. Educating the public on ways to enhance Pittsfield’s image and attractiveness
The Economic Development Committee envisions an economically prosperous community in which all decisions by town leaders are based on a unified plan for Pittsfield’s future, supported by town officials and residents and guided by Pittsfield’s Master Plan.
The Greater Pittsfield Chamber exists to advance the economic, industrial, professional, cultural, and civic welfare of the member towns of Barnstead, Chichester, Epsom, Gilmanton, Loudon, Northwood and Pittsfield, New Hampshire. Read More..